Allyson Wright from the Google My Business recently announced that the video upload feature we saw being tested a few weeks ago is now available for business owners in the Google My Business dashboard.
Business owners can “view videos added by customers and upload videos about their business for customers to view,” she said. The video maximum length is 30 seconds, and after a video is uploaded, it can take up to 24 hours for it to be visible on the business listing in Google Maps or the local web search results.
Merchants should soon have the ability to flag inappropriate videos through their dashboard, and Google also promises mobile support in the future.
To add video to your business, go to the Google My Business dashboard and click on the “photos,” then select the “video” link at the top. After it loads, select the option to “Post Videos.”
Allyson from Google added these details:
- Videos will appear in the overview tab of the Google My Business Dashboard.
- Customer uploaded videos can be found in the “customer” tab.
- Merchant uploaded videos can be found in the “by owner” tab.
- All videos can be viewed together in the “videos” tab.
- After upload, it could take up to 24 hours for the videos to appear. Once live, they will display where local photos do.
Need a video so that you can increase your Google Maps ranking or showcase your work? We have you covered.
Need additional Google Maps optimization, SEO, Social, or anything else digital marketing? We have you covered there too! Get in touch.